Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grand Ma


This post was waiting in my drafts for the last couple of months.Hence, the time conflict.

Most of us are at home after our semester exams. So am I. And sometimes you can’t even think how much you mean to some people of whom you never even think of. On my visit to my Grand Ma’s place during these holidays, I realized that she was most eager to meet me and to talk to me. We hadn’t talked at all in a while. Seeing her wrinkled face, stooped back, worn out skin, grey hair, really gave me Goosebumps that day.

I talked to her for hours. She had so many stories of her times to tell me, which I used to ask her to narrate, as a kid. I realized communication gap had increased and mainly from my side I guess. But, the sad part was that I never felt that such a thing has happened with time. My grand ma used to be my best friend in my child hood. I still remember some glimpse of our merry time together.

That day, after hours of talking, she came to a topic that most of the people of her age are concerned about while talking to their grown up grand children, marriage. She started with some of my elder cousins and then finally came to me. I was a bit irritated by it initially and said that there a lot of my elder cousins still left, I think we should be more concerned about them right now, I am still learning, still a long time is left for mine.

She became silent and after a long pause of 2 minutes, she had that grave sadness on her face and said yes there is a still lot of time left for yours. At that very moment I couldn’t understand what had happened. But latter I realized, she had the fear of not being able to attend my wedding. And this realization scared me to death too. May be we talk less today, but I still love her and love her a lot.

Time passes fast, and while thinking of what we want and what not, we tend to ignore a lot of things which were once most important to us. J

That thought still give me Goosebumps. I don’t want to lose her, especially when I realized that I have already missed a lot of quality time that I could have spent with her. I don’t even want to think about it. I know she will be there with me always.

Love you Grand ma.


No comments:

Post a Comment